Welcome to White Mountain Knives. White Mountain Knives provides services to you on whitemountainknives.com subject to the terms set forth herein. When you use any of our services, you are subject to the policies, terms, and conditions applicable to that service. We reserve the right to change any of the information on whitemountainknives.com and these terms and conditions at any time. By accessing or otherwise using whitemountainknives.com, you are indicating your agreement to the Terms and Conditions contained herein. Please read them carefully.
USE OF WHITE MOUNTAIN KNIVES
By using whitemountainknives.com and you represent and warrant that you are more than 18 years of age or are visiting White Mountain Knives with the permission and supervision of a parent or guardian.
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, White Mountain Knives hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to access and use the whitemountainknives.com website on your computer or mobile device. Except as permitted in this paragraph, you may not reproduce, modify, display or otherwise make commercial use of any content from the White Mountain Knives website unless expressly permitted by White Mountain Knives. White Mountain Knives reserves the right to refuse service to any individual at its sole discretion and without limitation if it believes that a user’s conduct violates applicable laws or is otherwise harmful to whitemountainknives.com.
USER REVIEWS, PHOTOS & COMMENTS
Anything posted or otherwise submitted to White Mountain Knives, whether on the whitemountainknives.com website, through a mobile application, blog or via any form of social media, will be treated as public and nonproprietary. By submitting photographs, comments or other materials to White Mountain Knives, you grant White Mountain Knives a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and transferable right to use, copy, distribute, publish and modify such submissions. All such submissions shall automatically become White Mountain Knives’ sole and exclusive property. In addition, when you post photographs, reviews or comments to whitemountainknives.com or on any of White Mountain Knives’ social media networks, you also grant us the right to use the name that you submit, if any, in connection with that submission. You further represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all rights to any content submitted to White Mountain Knives
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All graphics, images, and content on the whitemountainknives.com website, blog and mobile application belong exclusively to White Mountain Knives or its affiliates. The use of any White Mountain Knives’ trademarks or service marks without White Mountain Knives express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not use White Mountain Knives’ trademarks or service marks in connection with any product or service that is in any way likely to cause confusion or to disparage or discredit White Mountain Knives. In addition, you may not use any of White Mountain Knives’ trademarks or service marks in meta tags without White Mountain Knives explicit prior consent.
Customers who access and use the whitemountainknives.com website from outside of the United States are responsible for complying with their local laws and regulations.
Automatic knife laws & assisted knife laws.
The Switchblade Act, (Pub.L. 85-623, 72 Stat. 562, enacted on August 12, 1958, and codified in 15 U.S.C. § 1241–1245), as may be amended, (the “Act”) prohibits shipment of automatic knives across state lines, with the following exceptions:
- To civilian or Armed Forces supply or procurement officers and employees of the Federal Government ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of the Federal Government.
- To supply or procurement officers of the National Guard, the Air National Guard, or militia of a state, territory or the District of Columbia ordering, procuring or purchasing such knives in the connection with the activities of such organization.
- To supply or procurement officers or employees of the municipal government of the District of Columbia or the government of any State or Territory, or any county, city or other political subdivision of a State or Territory.
- To manufacturers of such knives or bona fide dealers therein in connection with any shipment made pursuant of an order from any person designated in the paragraphs above.
Sections 1242 and 1243 of the Act shall not apply to:
- Any common carrier or contract carrier, with respect to any switchblade knife shipped, transported, or delivered for shipment in interstate commerce in the ordinary course of business.
- The manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce, of switchblade knives pursuant to contract with the Armed Forces.
- The Armed Forces or any member or employee thereof acting in the performance of his duty.
- The possession, and transportation upon his person, of any switchblade knife with a blade three inches or less in length by any individual who has only one arm.
- A knife that contains a spring, detent, or other mechanism designed to create a bias toward closure of the blade and that requires exertion applied to the blade by hand wrist, or arm to overcome the bias toward closure to assist in opening the knife.
White Mountain Knives will not sell to any individual or group outside the State of New Hampshire without the above conditions being met. This does not apply to automatic knives manufactured, distributed, purchased or sold within the State of New Hampshire. Proper identification may be required before the order is shipped in cases where restricted items are purchased.
DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; RISK OF LOSS
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, DATA ACCURACY AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION. THIS SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES, MISTAKES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT WILL BE ERROR FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES (REGARDLESS OF THE FOUNDATION FOR THE ACTION) SHALL NOT EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE AMOUNT OF FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU TO US DURING THE MONTH IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE ACT ALLEGEDLY GIVING RISE TO OUR LIABILITY.
The risk of loss and title for items purchased by you pass to you upon our delivery of the items to the carrier.
Accidents happen. In the event that a product is listed incorrectly (e.g. price or description) due to a typographical error or other mistake, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel any orders that may have been placed for such a product listed. If your credit card has already been charged for such an erroneous purchase, we shall issue a credit to your card for the full amount of the charge.
This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the operation of or content located on or through any such site.
White Mountain Knives deeply respects the intellectual property of others. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe that any content on whitemountainknives.com constitutes an infringement of your copyrights.
APPLICABLE LAW; DISPUTES; REMEDIES
The laws of the State of Pennsylvania will govern these disclaimers, terms, and conditions. Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to the whitemountainknives.com website or products purchased on whitemountainknives.com shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Philadelphia, PA, except in regards to issues regarding violations of White Mountain Knives’ intellectual property rights, which we may seek relief from in any state or federal court in the State of PA. By using the whitemountainknives.com website, you hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of PA.